‘Help Yourself to Wellbeing’ (HY2W) is a free seven week course designed to provide people with the knowledge, skills and tools to improve their health and wellbeing. The course aims to provide them with the confidence and motivation to set realistic goals for making changes to their lifestyle.
It aims to improve the health and well-being of people 16+ who live, work, study or are registered with a Bury GP by supporting and empowering individuals to take an active role in maintaining good health and wellbeing through the promotion of the self care principles.
– Week 1 – Introductory session, monitoring forms and discussions around health
– Week 2 – Behaviour change – why it isn’t easy
– Week 3 – Self esteem and confidence
– Week 4 – Dealing with stress and anxiety
– Week 5 – Healthy Eating, Alcohol and Smoking
– Week 6 – Physical Activity, Sexual Health and Managing Minor Ailments
– Week 7 – Dementia Prevention
Tuesday 23rd August 2016, 10.00am-12.00pm, then same time each Tuesday through to 4th October.
Thursday 22nd September 2016, 6.00pm-8.00pm, then same time each Thursday through to 3rd November.
Wednesday 2nd November 2016, 1.00pm-3.00pm, then same time each Wednesday through to 14th December.
The courses will take place at Bury Adult Learning Centre which is situated in Bury town centre, opposite the bus and Metrolink stations. 18 Haymarket Street, Bury, BL9 0AQ.
Quote from one of their course participants:
“I recommend that everyone should go on this! I could not put into words and express the praise that I have for the course. All I can simply say is thank you.”